One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things - Henry Miller

Monday, January 31, 2011

Three Kisses and a Wish #1

Welcome to Three Kisses and a Wish - a strategy I used with my class when I was teaching. To end each day the children would record three things that made them feel good about the day and one thing that disappointed them or needed improving in the days ahead. Join me as I use this strategy to reflect on this next chapter in life's journal.

As January draws to a close I look back and give kisses for...


...flooding rains, flowing rivers and the free time to wander the bush recalling childhood sights and pleasures


...grandchildren (and great grandchildren) who bring joy to my life and help me rediscover the  pleasure to be found in the simple things of life

...taking the time to join us and share our New Years Day celebrations.

I wish...



...the floods had not been so brutal, that lives had not been lost, that we didn't have to face a mountain of flood fencing as a consequence...
and the youngest great grandchild might have found our New Year celebrations more enjoyable!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment